Reverse engineering is a practical and useful tool by which companies can create a 3D virtual model of an existing physical part. This in turn, makes the use of 3D CAD, computer-aided manufacturing, and other computer-aided engineering applications easier, which helps companies to speed up development and cut production costs.
The 3-dimensional data that is collected and modelled, can be used to troubleshoot, reproduce, study, analyze, inspect or can be applied to other future applications i.e. product enhancements.
Akshat Technologies is capable of handling reverse engineering projects, whether at a part level, or complete system level.
Akshat Technologies’ reverse engineering team can help you to:
- Obtain CAD data that captures an object’s original design intent
- Design a new part to fit to a legacy part
- Accurately model performance surfaces
- Update CAD models of your tooling to match shop-floor changes
- Redesign a part without manufacturing defects
- Modernize your manufacturing process